Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Is Only One Day

Remembering that holidays last for only one day is one of the things to remember when trying to lose weight. I love turkey and if I had cooked one, eating it would have gone on for days. Gone are the days of turkey sandwiches until there is nothing but bones left on Tom's carcass. My sister cooked the bird this year and it was quite moist. Fortunately, she fixed stuffing balls instead of stuffing the turkey so I only ate a tiny bit of stuffing. (I prefer stuffing from the bird.) I ate a little of my favorites - green bean casserole, greens, creamed peas and onions, mashed potato casserole, sweet potatoes and cranberry salad mold. I ate no rolls and only about a tablespoon of gravy. My plate was very modest compared to the heaping plates of the relatives. Later, I ate a tiny sliver of chess and pecan pies. No seconds and no "take-out." And glory, halleleujah, I lost 0.2 pounds last week.
Weight-watchers is launching some changes this week so I'm excited to hear about them. The little bit I was able to glean on-line sounds like what I'm already doing - eating a ton of vegetables and fruit. The counting game and points plan have changed, though, so stay tuned for more information.

No comments: