Monday, September 1, 2008

Just a Little About Me

I am a single, 58-year-old woman, the mother of one. I am now working in my second career, bond accounting, after having a successful 25-year career as a blood-banker. I decided to start a blog because I was so impressed with the blogs I've read that are so well-written and so very informative. It's a way of leaving my comfort zone, of not spending so much time alone - my favorite pasttime. I decided to call my blog, "A String of Pearls" because I hope that that is what I will be sharing with you - pearls of wisdom. Whenever I have been consistent in my prayer life, I prayed more for wisdom and revelation than anything else. I hope that doesn't sound conceited because I certainly am not. You see, wisdom comes from the Lord. I cannot take any credit for simply listening and obeying.

I enjoy crafts, cooking, exercising and researching natural health issues. My favorite exercise is swimming laps, but Michael Phelps I am not. I read a lot of recipes but then go in the kitchen and create my own thing. I still cook too much; I've yet to adjust to my empty nest.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yea! I'm glad to finally see you here in the grown-up world! I have no doubt you'll find this just as addictive as I have, but you'll also really enjoy it.