Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 6 and Pumpkin Bars

I lost .2 lbs. this week. No wonder! I had another trying week with a different type of allergy, leaving me with a lump in my throat which has now moved to my chest. I paid little attention to what I ate. I just wanted to be well.

I made pumpkin bars today for my home group. The original recipe called for sweet potato but you know me...I substitute. I doubled the recipe because I thought the blondies were too thin. Here's the recipe:



Sweet Potato Blondies

(Makes 16)
Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp canola oil'
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Blend all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until top of blondies begin to brown. Let cool before cutting.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds easy enough. I can't wait to try one (: